How to Win an ECN IMPACT Award
As the judges review all the entries, they are looking for what we’ve come to call the Wow! Factor. These are products or services that leapfrog current technology, that provide simple, elegant solutions to complex or long-standing technical or practical problems.
Each of the 24 categories will yield at least one winner. As the odds of winning are determined by the total # of eligible participants in a category, these 5 tips aim to give you an edge over the competition:
1. Enter your product or service in multiple categories, but be mindful each entry is $345.
2. Keep your answers brief on the required entry form. (Judges often have more than 20 submissions to evaluate in 1 category).
3. Judges can smell promotional material a mile away, so . . .
A. Explain with numbers and percentages (versus adjectives) how your product
or service is superior.
B. Focus on the benefits. Technical details are important, but explain what the
numbers mean. How does your product or service benefit industries, companies
and/or society. Perhaps important applications of the technology were not available
before your innovation came along.
4. Meet or beat the deadline for entries of February 13, 2015.
5. Make sure your application contains these four, separate documents
(and no more*):
A. Completed Entry Form
B. High Resolution Product Pic (not necessary for a service category)
C. High Resolution Company Logo (for promotion of finalists,
and all award certificates).
D. Press Release proving the product or service release in 2014.
*Power Point presentations and/or videos will not be accepted.